Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Great Lakes Road Riders will be coming to Colorado
Rickie
post Nov 14 2015, 07:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

In 2015 the Great Lakes Road Riders ventured out to the Black Hills of SD, and because of the success of that trip, our group is now planning a trip to the Colorado Rockies. Sometime during the summer of 2016 we plan on traveling to the Denver area, and will be staying there as our base for four days. Because I have attended some of your super successful events in the past, I thought that I would post here to find out if you all might want to join in on our adventure.
The probable time for this trip will be in the month of July, but that is still up in the air.

If any of you would like to see what we are doing in the Great Lakes region, check out our site, and perhaps view a few videos. There is a link to some of them on the upper right corner of the front page.

http://www.greatlakesroadriders.org/

See you all next year,
Rickie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rickie
post Nov 15 2015, 06:10 AM
Post #2

I was wondering if anyone from your group still has some of the maps of routes that you took us on. We will be planning on taking three day trips up into the mountains, so we are looking for suggestions.
One of the days, I will be taking them to Aspen. But if anyone still has some of those maps, and could post them here, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,
Rickie

+Quote Post
Cliff
post Nov 19 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Grand Poobah

Member No.: 4

Rickie of course we're interested. Thanks for the info and invite. Look on the home page, left column under favorite rides. There are details, with downloadable maps. Each year will offer a different route.

I will get you an Independence Pass route that covers Aspen and Glenwood that will blow you away. Any other areas that interest you? Let me know and I'll dig up some routes

Great to hear from you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cliff
post Nov 19 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #4

Grand Poobah

2006 Rides has an Independence Pass ride, that's what you need for the Aspen area.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rickie
post May 12 2016, 11:57 AM
Post #5

Hi Cliff, we are a little bit more organized now, and have 9 bikes committed to coming out to ride around the hills. Unfortunately the LaQuinta that we stayed at last time won't cut us a deal. I was wondering if you know of a better place for us. We need 7 rooms for 5 nights.
Our arrival date is Sunday July 10, and we will be leaving on Friday July 15.

I can only hope that you have pop up messages so that you can see this. You don't get much traffic here on this site.

Thanks,
Rick

+Quote Post
Cliff
post May 21 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #6

Grand Poobah

QUOTE (Rickie @ May 12 2016, 12:57 PM) *
Hi Cliff, we are a little bit more organized now, and have 9 bikes committed to coming out to ride around the hills. Unfortunately the LaQuinta that we stayed at last time won't cut us a deal. I was wondering if you know of a better place for us. We need 7 rooms for 5 nights. Our arrival date is Sunday July 10, and we will be leaving on Friday July 15. I can only hope that you have pop up messages so that you can see this. You don't get much traffic here on this site. Thanks, Rick

No better place than a LA Quinta. We have been staying at the Hwy 285 and Wadsworth location but the last couple years we have moved locations daily and the GM we dealt with is not there. So, we have lost our negotiation power. My suggestion would be to contact the regional manager or their corporate contact. They are more interested in offering group rates because it doesn't affect their bonus. Pitting another chain / rates against them is always a good idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2020 - 06:02 AM